Well a friend of mine gave me a mannequin and I decided to try out making my first balloon dress.
I did a star weave for the skirt and I meant for the skirt to come out way poofier but I have an idea of how to fix that for next time. I actually learned something really cool by experimenting with this and if I can pull of what I have in my head, it will be amazing!
I also learned that neons are not the best for this as the color fades after a few twists. They start losing the sheen as you can see towards the middle of the dress.
I wanted to try something different with the top and experimented with this brick look that also gives it a tube top feel. I like exploring what if. I like that this is totally different than any other dress I have seen.
I came up with this style of butterfly that I used in my 516th Balloon Sculpture, Another Flower In The Wall piece and applied it here.
Making this gave me ideas for things I want to try out for the next dress piece.
I am pretty pleased with my first try. I learned a lot and while it isn’t what I had originally envisioned, it ain’t bad for a first go. It is actually way prettier in person.